Saturday, October 22, 2011

I bought a bike

Today I've bought a bike :) Not a motorbike, yet... but it has 2 wheels :)

Like everything in Ireland, a new bicycle can be very expensive. For instance, in cyclesuperstore.ie the cheapest bike is 349€ all the way up to 2.345€!!!! In Ireland, they have Bike to Work, where you can get up to 51% of the bike and accessories value from your pay taxes. Even so, it's expensive. And at work they advice me to "don't buy a new bike, it will get stolen"! So, I started looking for second hand bikes.

I've searched online (buyandsellgumtree) but there isn't much offer, with very few offers near 100€, more around 200€ to 400€! So, today I went to a bike shop near where I'm living (Little Sport). They were just finishing the check-up of a second hand bike to sell it by 130€. It was a bit expensive from what I've seen online, but hopefully buying from a shop means that the bike should have no problems. I also bought a security lock, as bikes tend to disappear in Dublin :( So, I spend a little more than expected it's done... I have a bike :)


No comments:

Post a Comment